The day of truth. The feared practical exam. But I have to say over the last couple of days I had enough time to wind down, write my time plan and to understand that there is just no use in stressing out about it.
Well, got up at 6:45h and had a good breakfast. The cold and the finger are better. So I was confident in terms of tasting and chopping. Luckily the dishes didn't involve too much chopping. Oh yeah, lemon meringue pie, bread and a chicken dish I had to cook in four hours.
I had planned to do the pastry for the pie first, chill it while making the bread dough. Then let the bread rise while blind baking the pastry. And while that is in the oven, making the lemon filling. When that is in, have a look at the bread. If ready, that goes into the oven as well. After that the meringue for the pie. Once the pie and bread were safe, I was going to deal with the chicken and its accompaniments.
And let me tell you, all worked out pretty much as planned. I was a bit behind schedule/timeplan timewise. But I managed to catch up. Nonetheless the last half hour was really hectic. But I managed to get everything on the table for service time. The chicken cooked through and so was I. I have never been that hot in the kitchen so far.
My feeling is good but I won't find out if I passed or failed until I receive a letter from the school just before Christmas. So fingers crossed.
Now I am just looking forward to a relaxed and cosy Christmas time. I will be back to report from the Intermediate term in January. Until then: Fröhliche Weihnachten everyone!
December 4, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment