September 29, 2009

Demonstration 1 - Presentation / Dishing up

What you see, is what you get - BUT will you like what you see. Well, that also depends on the presentation of the food.

As we say where I am from: Das Auge isst mit! Unfortunately, I didn't find a translation for that saying, but basically what it means: When eating you use not only your mouth, but your eyes as well. (If there is a shorter figure of speech, do let me know!)

After the class, you can sum it up as:

SIMPLE - FRESH - RELEVANT

Here are some examples - some have flaws, others don't. Which one do you like best?








And out of these? Which appeal to you and which not so much? And what is it that bothers you?







Apart from simple, fresh and relevant, important for presentation are also height, uneven numbers, off-centre, best side up, not too many colour, diagonal lines.

Now if I will achieve all of this, you will find out in the weeks to come.

2 comments:

  1. Yum!! I like two, three and four, counting from the top. The scallops (?) look pretty and interesting and draw me in, and the lamb looks delicious and pink. Yum. I'm glad I've just had a piece of toast or I'd be real hungry, like. X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and I think we also say "you eat with your eyes" or something along those lines....

    ReplyDelete