April 29, 2010

Demonstration 9 - All day meat preparation & sauces

Braised pig trotters, Roast suckling pig, Ox cheek daube with horseradish mash and caramelised shallots, braised lambs tongues with spinach served with Madeira sauce - well, the list is very long of all the good things that were prepared for us to taste in today's demonstration.

One of my favorite parts of it was seeing the piglet being prepared

I admit it is quite sad to see it lying there but then again I think it is no different from a tiny lamb or cow. It's just that you never see them as a whole animal.

The other thing skillwise that I thought was really interesting was the preparation of the pig trotters.
and I did also like the taste of them.

However, the absolute best dish of the day were the slow cooked ox cheek daube with horseradish mash. I will - maybe already this weekend - have to make this at home. So delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment