A new section of the kitchen today: larder. And I really enjoyed this, too. This section is mainly about fish and sea food preparation and doing certain dishes that the main and started section don't do. Which ones and why they have devided the dishes between the sections, I still have to find out.
Preparationwise I was told, it was quite a calm evening. I made scallop carpaccio from frozen scallops with a mandolin, arranging it on a small plate and then putting a slice of frozen roe on it as well. Cling film it tightly and store it in the fridge until service.
Then just warpping and storing of langustines of different sizes and getting a few ingredients before service started. When service began to roll, I helped assembling small and large seafood platters and also ended up finishing of the scallop carpaccio for service and shouting "apetizers up!" for them to be taken to the customer.
It might sound silly, but I was really a little bit proud of myself. Yeay!
Because the service was relatively quite for our section, the main and started section asked us to do some prep for them. So I picked basil, quartered and deseeded tomatoes and peeled some shallots. But the major task was to first peel a huge bag of carrots (about 100) and then to cut all of them in to BATONS. However, I was releaved to find out that Rick Stein does not want perfectly square batons. He wants his food to be rustic and so the chopping of those 100 carrots did not take 2 days.
After service we cleaned down wrapped up and stored away the fish and seafood. It was a really good night.
April 13, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment