April 15, 2010

Work experience at Rick Stein's - Day 5 - Split Mains

Well, today was my day on mains. Again a lot of preparation. Slicing peppers, juicing loads of lemons and limes, picking wild and regular garlic and making - guess what?!?! - carrot batons. Yeah! I am getting really good and quick at making non-perfect carrot batons.

Then I had a quick break in which I took a short nap although I had promised myself to go into Padstow and sit in the sun. But because I was on split and had to come back at 5pm until finish, I thought a nap would be sensible.

And it was because again more preparation. Greens and cutting chillis into brunoise and then - guess what?!?! - more carrot batons. The restaurant goes through so many it is incredible! Really!

Now my feet really hurt and my hands are like sandpaper so I better hit the hay because tomorrow it's another split...this time in larder. Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment