Well, today I have to say I was not quite back yet. I could still feel the impact of my double shifts at Rick Stein's. I was just very tired and everything seemed very slow.
So an early morning cooking session took me a while to get in to. But I managed and we got our court bouillon for poaching fish tomorrow on quickly. Then focused on the rich vanilla ice cream that we will serve with the Tarte Tatin tomorrow. I am really looking forward to that.
Finally I prepared my Noisette of lamb for a short roasting in the oven. However, I had to render the fat down in the frying pan first. Between the two of us we had already got our potatoes Dauphinoise in the oven and the different ingredients for the ratatouille going as well.
Although I knew that the rendering in the pan takes time off the roasting, I still cooked the meat slightly too long. It was still pink but definitely could have done with a little less time in the oven.
The afternoon was devided between a lecture about spirits and liquers of which we tasted some cognac, rum, whisky and cointreau and the introduction to term 3. There will be quite a few outside chefs coming in. We will have our wine exam which will need a lot of revision, another group exercise cooking in a team of 4 for a dinner party of 8 and maybe some more work experience.
Anyway, I am glad to be back - even if I still have to get back into shape!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment