I think this is maybe the hardest bit of the whole course in wine. Because as it has become clear over the duration of the wine sessions - especially the ones with blind tastings - one will not always like the most expensive wine best. And obviously everybody has a very individual palette.
I, for example, had to realise that when we blind-tasted sprakling wines that my favourite sparkling wine was not Champagne, but indeed Prosecco. I do appreciate the criteria by which you can distinguish the different levels of quality.
The lecturer mentioned also about another sparkling wine tasting event that even though people had not liked Champagne best that once the wines had been revealed, most of them wanted a top-up of Champagne, rather than the wines they really like. Just because it was the most expensive one. Is that part of appreciating the quality of wine? Not sure...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment