Today was basically a preparation day for the all day cooking session tomorrow. We started the rosemary jus which like any full-flavoured sauce benefits from long gentle cooking.
Then we also started the pastry for the Danishes we are going to make tomorrow. That basically works like making a detrempe for puff - but it has to be slightly stickier.
However, the worst bit was the ballotine of chicken! I can say it now: I hate de-boning a chicken and I never found stuffed and rolled meat very appetising. Deboning is a right pain especially because you have to be careful not to damage the skin when trying to get the mea off. And the legs and wings are extremely fiddly. I was quite frustrated by the end of it. What didn't help was that because we were all running late, the teachers were asking us to hurry up. But there was just no way.
Anyway, the day is over! Not sure if I am looking forward to tomorrow now...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment