March 2, 2010

Demonstration 31 - Wine Lecture 8 - Sauvignon Blanc and Sweet Wines

So far I have only had it because I liked it. But after today's wine lecture I can make a much better distinction between the wines from the different regions they are grown in. And I must say that I prefer the New World Sauvignon Blanc. It is more pronounced and I think more interesting.

In terms of sweet wines. I am not sure. I wouldn't necessarily need a sweet wine on top of a sweet dessert. But today we had one of them with just some fruit and that worked. The lecturer was suggesting adding a bit of chilled sweet wine to a summer fruit salad. I can see how that would be lovely. I think I am more the person who would have sweet wine with cheese, though. Blue cheese seems to work really well.

No comments:

Post a Comment