Another round of making espagnole. I am starting to become a bit of a routine. However, one should not forget to keep an eye on it while it is very gently simmering away because then the simmer can quickly turn into a boil as I had to experience before.
Hot cross buns, right, never ate them and didn't know what they had to look like. But in terms of making the dough it was basically and enriched bread method. And today we just got the dough done. They spend the night in the fridge (which surprised me because I thought it would make the rising achieved today somehow obsolete. But aparently that is not the case) will be finished off tomorrow.
Inbetween we did some prep for the salad we are making on Wednesday.
So the major deed of the day was to make beignets. Another very unhealthy dessert. Deep fat fried sort of choux pastry which once it has cooled down is piped full of sweetened cream. Not just because of the calories I could just eat two. But also because they are just too rich and sweet and heavy.
March 15, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment