March 9, 2010

Kitchen 36 - Stuffed boned chicken, Lebkuchen and a rice and quinoa dish

Stuffing the chicken. Once all the bones have been taken out the chicken really looks more like a coat. So we filled the coat with a lovely stuffing made from feta and sundried tomatoes and the like. Tied it up (yes!!!) in a J-cloth and roasted it in the oven.

Then a lot of fiddly chopping had to be done for the quinoa and red rice salad that was supposed to go with it. A lovely Ottolenghi recipe. And altogether it looked like this:

We also made some "lebkuchen". At least that is what the recipe said. However, I dare say that this was more a spekulatius cookie. Because the real German lebkuchen I know are nothing like we made. But I am not here to argue.

My bavarois worked - daringly using just one leaf paid off. It had a lovely light texture and looked quite nice I thought with the tamarillos and the "lebkuchen":

No comments:

Post a Comment