March 17, 2010

Demonstration 42 - Practical exam briefing

The day has finally come that everyone in the school had been antagonising about: the pratical exam briefing.

Well, here are some of the details: 4 1/2 hours long and plenty to do! Of course, as that was one of the major focuses of the term there will be a soufflé and something with gelatine in this case a bavarois and also meat cooking and a Hollandaise daughter sauce - all made by hand.

The thing that surprised me and I must admit is - at the moment - slightly freaking me out is the creative part of making a cooked fruit and biscuit accompaniment for the bavarois. But I think it is just because I am a bit overwhelmed at the moment. Once I have looked into it, I think I should be fine. Well, it has to be done anyway!

No comments:

Post a Comment