Oh, what a lovely day of work experience! I really enjoyed my day at Olive magazine. When I arrived I was greeted by one of the food editors. She had also done the course at Leiths and told me not to worry about the exams.
Then we went upstairs to the office and she told me that the first thing on the agenda was tasting Marks and Spencers new barbeque meat range that they had designed for the coming BBQ season. So at 10:45 am we were tasting ribs and steaks, burgers and sausages. But all actually really lovely. My favorite were the ribs.
After that I went into the test kitchen and prepared five differnt veal dishes from recipes that will be featured in on of the early summer issues. Very interesting recipes. I was told to test them and see if they needed adjusting. Overall they work quite well. The only adjustment that I suggested was in the cooking times of the meat and maybe in the seasoning. But other than that, really nice.
Like I said I really enjoyed my day at Olive. Hopefully I will manage to get some more work experience in this area of food journalism.
March 18, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment