June 1, 2010

Kitchen 26 - Sauteed snails with chorizo mash

A recipe by Kiwi chef Peter Gordon. However, although the recipe said to make a mash with chorizo we were given the creative choice of how to serve our potaotes.

I thought of making mash because I really like the dish that way when Peter Gordon did it in the demonstration class a little while ago. But because we were given the choice I wanted to do something different. So I decided to bake the potato and then drizzle the fried chorizo over it and serve the snails separately in a ramekin so that it wouldn't all get mixed up and look messy.
I do like snails. I know that they don't have much taste to them on their own and thus, I guess it is more the sauce you taste. But then again chicken is not very tasty on its own either.

All in all quite a nice dish and here is my version of it:

No comments:

Post a Comment