February 18, 2010

Demonstration 25 - a test and Starters

Well, another early morning test of our knowledge on cooking theory. Just because I have so much going on at the moment with work experience and organising things as well as writing time plans and the like, I have decided to not do as much studying for the tests as I have before. It might sound like a cheap excuse but I actually find it interesting to see how much I actually know without studying. The test was certainly more difficult than the last one but I think I still got a few things right.

Afterwards we were introduced to a lot of different starters - some of which I had already had and weren't really new to me like a plate of antipasti meats/chartuterie:


or even snails.


But I had never had frog legs like this. They are alright. But I have to agree with the people who say that they taste a bit like chicken:


However, the thing that I had never had before and which tasted revolting so that I will never have it again was the sea urchin/oursins:


Later on I found out that the one I had was off. But that doesn't help now. I just don't want to taste it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment