February 4, 2010

Kitchen 17 - Cold lemon soufflé and French onion soup

Today's kitchen class was slightly hectic. While we had to keep an eye on our onions that were sweating for our onion soup, we were busy making our lemon soufflé which kind of is a bit of a swift business as well and needs a lot of attention.

While I managed to not burn my onions, I also got the volume for the lemon soufflé right. However, the soup was not save with the onions just nicely sweated. It then had to simmer in let-down stock for 20 minutes and then was served with a slice of baguette baked with cheese.

Due to the careful sweating the onions had released so much sweetness that it was hard to even out, I thought. Quite overpowering, still nice but quite strong. In addtion, I thought that it didn't really need anymore salt. So I just added some pepper for seasoning. Well, when it came to serving, the judgement was: too little salt, too much pepper and too thick.

What can I say - I liked it anyway!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment