And it seemed that the detrempe - the base of it - was a good consistency - not too dry and not too wet. Once we did our 5 rolls and folds and the necessary chilling, the pastry square went into the fridge.
After that on to the calves liver. Cooking this was a timing and temerature excercise with a slight edge of creativity because the method of preparation for the Savoy cabbage was chef's choice.
I chose to blanche and refresh it and later on reheat it with lardons. The tricky part was also not too overcook the liver in the pan and then in the warming oven while making the pan sauce. Once all the mise en place was ready we had to give a serving time between 10 to 15 minutes later.
I managed to serve right on time which was a relief already. And then I got the bonus of the teacher also liking my food:
No comments:
Post a Comment