February 3, 2010

Kitchen 16 - Apple flan ménagère, grilled slip sole with burnt Hollandaise and the start of an apple sorbet

In the kitchen is were my (sugar) high found its end today. Although I enjoyed the skinning of the whole slip sole and the grilling was fine it turned out to be really difficult to get the frill off and the meat of the fish was sort of hard. Nobody knew why. But at least the Hollandaise came out okay and this is what it looked like:

The other major cause of stress was that apple flan ménagère - it just wouldn't cook and reduce properly, took forever so that I was already worried it might overcook the pastry while the filling is not done yet. In the end I just got it out after about 45 minutes, dabbed on the apricot glaze and served it - but by that time I was a bit fed up with it to be honest:

Finally we got our apple sorbet started per two. At least that didn't cause much trouble! ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment