February 9, 2010

Kitchen 19 - Creative cooking with flaky pastry

No recipe, no restrictions - just a set of topping ingredients and the flaky pastry that we made the day before. Well, having said that no restrictions is not exactly right. We had to shape our flaky pastry into an A4 size rectangular but we could go crazy on the topping.

So I went for red onions that I sweated down, than added crushed garlic and some red chilli in the end and cooked all of it a bit further. Then I charred some red peppers and took the peel off and sliced them finely. I wilted some spinach, squeezed the water out and seasoned it with salt, pepper and nutmeg. Plus finally I cut some feta cheese in cubes to sprinkle on top. Everything seemed relatively straightforward.

If there hadn't been for the (in this task) most important part: the flaky pastry. The blind baking of the pastry case was supposed to take about 20-25 minutes. Well, after 45 minutes I just decided to go with it. No one knows what made it take so long. However, despite that the pastry came out really nice and tasty. I was very happy about that and then had a big piece of it:


No comments:

Post a Comment