October 21, 2009

Demonstration 17 - To bake a cake

is something you just have to enjoy, wouldn't you agree? I mean I still remember baking cakes with my mom and then those cakes for friend's birthday. Most of them were creamed cakes but I never made them with the care and precision demonstrated today.

There are 5 methods creamed, whisked, melted, rubbed in and all-in-one. Apart from learning about the different methods this again was a lesson for me in traditional dessert
s or rather English tea time delights.

Victoria Sandwich - hmmmmmm, never had this baked delight, invented to honour the queen.


Nor the Swiss roll - a whisked cake - that I was not too fond of. However, I was very impressed how easily Scones are made and liked the idea of being able to toast them the next day. I got the ingredients and am determined to make some as soon as I have some more time at hand.

But nothing, yes nothing could top the bliss of eating black sticky gingerbread:

Well, I have to leave you here to reminisce about that...



No comments:

Post a Comment