October 22, 2009

Demonstration 18 - Wine and dine!

Which wine goes well with which food?!?! Well, you rarely ever - or should I say never - get to test that when you are standing in the supermarket aile trying to make a decision. All the more lovely it was that today's second wine lecture was just all about that: Matching food with wine!

So we got four wines - two whites (Chardonnay and Riesling) and two reds (Pinot Noir and Shiraz). Each of these wines we tried eating bits of apple, cheese, smoked salmon, spicy chicken and dark chocolate. Inbetween eating a bit of bread to neutralise.

Well, I am not a big fan of Chardonnay anyway but for my tongue this wine with apple, cheese or smoked salmon was just a big no-no. I really liked the Riesling and that basically pretty much hamonised with every food. I know that some wouldn't agree with me here. The two reds didn't do much for me either with the foods above.

But isn't it great that what it all boils down it is: What you like is what you drink!

Well, here's to that!

No comments:

Post a Comment