October 7, 2009

Demonstration 7 - All things baked!

A class to be loved! At least for me. All about baking bread and making brownies and cookies. Plus the aromas and fragrants in this class were just amazing.

Well, we saw some basic white bread being made and some Italian bread. Both of those with yeast and kneaded - of course - by hand. No breadmaker even in sight. Not that I would even know how to use one. I don't want to know. I think it is all about getting your hands in there if you know what I mean. Kneading in some tender love and care!

So these two were made with yeast and then we moved on to making Irish Soda bread...


DELICIOUS!...by the way! And some Short Bread:


To tell or test if the bread is done - something you might have already heard of:

Tap it bread on the bottom and it should sound hollow:



Finally, the class was finished off with the making AND tasting of some brownies and chocolate and hazelnut cookies. Well, the brownies were gone sooooo quickly. But here are some cookies - at least to look at. ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment