October 5, 2009

Kitchen 5 - Plum Pie with Crème Anglaise

Yes, yes, yes! It was as delicious as it sounds. We had to make short crust pastry with the scissor cutting methods that we learned last Friday to rub the butter into the flour without using our hands. (Go have a look at the short video and then imagine 16 people doing that at the same time!) Quite noisy, but also quite funny!

So here is the time plan we had to prepare in advance to get everything right and the ingredients before we started.


And this is what they look like after I took pie and crème home. Because of the hectic in the kitchen I forgot to take a picture of my pretty pie. I had to make the Crème Anglaise twice because the first time it got too hot and curdled. But let me tell you - nonetheless - it tastes delicious!

I just had some and I might have some more. No the heathiest dinner of all times but so what!

No comments:

Post a Comment