Yesterday we had made the paste to fill the mackerel. But today the first thing on the agenda for the mackerel dish was to gut it and prepare it to be grilled and baked. Cut off all fins but the dorsal fin and the gills. Plus slice it open at the belly until the vent and get the guts out including the little heart. Poor thing! I actually had never gutted a fish - it is a bloody business, let me tell you. But when you got everything out and you have rinsed it, it is lovely again. And with that delicious spicy paste in it and an even more delicious celery-apple-mint-salad to go with it, it is almost irrisistable!
And with the salmon and dill tarte a great dinner to take home. I know that proper menu planning doesn't allow a repetition of ingredients. But since I am my own customer, how cares... ;-)
No comments:
Post a Comment