October 29, 2009

Kitchen 23 - Bake bread and fillet fish!

Right my second Leiths attempt at baking a bread and my first try to fillet a fish.

I love making bread. But the first try didn't really work out. So I was determined to get it right this time. Different bread though - not Italian, but basic white bread. This recipe requires two risings. Indeed this time around it worked out much better and I head a beautiful golden loaf to take home:

While that bread was rising we were getting our filleting knives out and put it to the test on a sole. Beautiful little flat fish. I always had great respect for filleting fish, but I must say it is quite enjoyable and not as difficult as I thought it would be. The fillets together with a light lemony sauce made a great lunch:

Last but not least we had - again - tend to our brown with tender love and care and reduce it to it down so it can be frozen for laster use:

No comments:

Post a Comment