January 26, 2010

Kitchen 12 - Soy braised guinea fowl with green veg and Soda bread to serve yesterday's pate

Well, today was quite a good day in the kitchen. We had to make soda bread and since I love making bread that was something to look forward to. And the other dish was soy-braised guinea fowl. I didn't really know what to expect from that dish.

But the jointing of the bird was not too big a deal. Actually I dare say easier than jointing a chicken. Than browned and once the sauce was started braised in that. With that we had to serve a big of bok choi, green beans and mange tout which I decided not to blanche and refresh but to cook for service. Service was a lot about presentation today apart from seasoning.

So long story short - here is what my plate looked like:


I really enjoyed this dish so that I might well make it soon again. On to the soda bread and the chicken liver pate which I actually served before the guinea fowl. I only started making it here in class but I am already loving it. And yesterday I tried some of my pate before the clarified butter went on and I must say I liked it. But then again the teachers judgement could be different. Luckily it wasn't - she liked it, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment