January 22, 2010

Kitchen 10 - Monkfish with Herby Hollandaise and Individual Pecan Pies

Must say of all fish, the one that hasn't appealed to me that much is monkfish. But I am willing to give everything another try. Maybe it wasn't cooked that nicely when I had it. Now if I don't like it today, there is only me to blame.

But first we got our pecan pies in the oven. And then we had to give a service time to make this kitchen class more interesting. Well, I gave myself 45 minutes to make a herby Hollandaise which doesn't hold for very long and to cook the fish as well as preparing some spinach.

The pressure was on - but I managed well. The Hollandaise didn't split. The fish was done when the spinach was ready so that I served on time. And this is what is all looked like:

After that we just - a lot more relaxed - served the pecan pies as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment