Well, general update. The reason why I am squeezing that in is because besides the classes there is a lot going on.
For example, I am working every Tuesday night and some Saturdays at the school washing up and helping at the evening classes that take place in the school. It is nice to make a little bit of cash to spend, plus you get to watch the instructions and pick some skill up or revise them on the way.
Then this term is also about getting some work experience. The school has organised for students to do a day's work experience at a TV cookery show and some food magazines. I have signed up for those and am really looking forward to that.
Plus they organised two week-long work placements in Rick Stein's restaurants. For those who are not British or generally have not heard of him, he is a well-known celebrity chef and has restaurants in Cornwall. There was a list and so many people signed up for it that the two names had to be drawn out of a hat. And - guess what - one of them was mine.
Honestly, when I found out I couldn't believe it. I put my name down but never expected to get it. Because I have never been lucky at these kinds of things. So I am really excited about that.
But before I dive into that in April, I want to get more work experience in other places. In February I will work a couple of days in the kitchen of a pop-up restaurant that will only be open for 10 days. I think that is a really cool concept and I am looking forward to working there.
Plus I want to get deeper into dealing with fish. So I have signed up to help and work at the Billingsgate Seafood Training School. Hopefully that will work out soon as well.
I must say sometimes I am really tired at the end of the day - but all of it is so much fun. Very exciting to learn all these new skills and getting insight into different work field. And of course, never to be forgotten: All the great food! It is indeed a fabulous journey I am on!
January 25, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment