January 30, 2010

Work experience 1 - Daily Cooks Challenge

I missed class today because I had my first day of work experience and that was the filming of the Daily Cooks Challenge - a show in which two chefs cook against eachother and a celebrity guest decides whose dishes he or she liked best.

I had to get up quite early for that because I had to travel across London to get there for 7 am. But it was all worth it. It was a very interesting day - not so much about cooking but that is not what I had expected anyway.

My job was basically the mise en place for the show. I preped some food for the chefs - some langustines. But apart from that it was more about getting equiment and making the ingredients look good on TV. The show was filmed in 4 parts and basically after each part we had to clear down and set up for the next one.

The celebrity guests of the two show that were shot on that day were Jo Woods, ex-wife of Rolling Stones Guitarrist Ronnie Wood and actor James Dreyfuss.

It was great to experience a day of a tv cook show and really lovely to meet all these very interesting and nice people. I thoroughly enjoyed that.

No comments:

Post a Comment