January 13, 2010

Kitchen 3 - Chicken Kiev, Crème caramel and Spicy corn muffins

New day, new recipes, new tasks!

Well, Chicken Kiev - never made it, never ate it. It was praised by the teachers and some of my fellow students but deep-frying a chicken breast stuffed with garlic butter - I must say - did not sound that appealing to me, especially after a heavy Christmas season.

But I was willing to be convinced. Making the butter was fun and stuffing it into the chicken. Then coating it with flour, egg and breadcrumbs, letting it rest and firm up in the fridge to then briefly deep-fry it and cook through in the oven afterwards. However, when it ended up on my plate with a watercress and herb salad, it looked pretty, but after all I didn't fall for the taste:

Finally a bit of trivia: Did you know it is supposed to have been Marks and Spencer's first ever readymade meal that they sold introduced in 1976? Much more, on the other hand, I enjoyed the taste of the spicy corn muffins we produced:

Nothing sweet to eat today because the crème caramel will be served tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment