Dinner parties are great. But I always have the problem that I don't have enough time to actually socialise with my guest as much as I would like to when I am cooking and hosting. So this demonstration class looked like the perfect recipe to more relaxed dinner parties.
So very relaxed we watched split pea and ham soup, fried halloumi with chilli salad, smoked trout fish cakes with caper sauce, green pepper corn streaks with sweet potato chips, mushroom risotto and pear & vanilla upside down cake and black cherry clafouti being prepared and then enjoyed it. The trick really is to make stuff that can either be prepared way in advance and frozen or stored or to choose dishes that once prepped don't take much time to cook or assemble. Sounds simple? Well, like with a lot of things sometimes you don't see the wood for the trees.
November 6, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment