Well, it was the game demonstration class - another subject I am pretty new to. I have never cooked game, let alone plucked it:
I guess I won't have to wait very long to get my hands in there. Tomorrow we are cooking some pheasant and we will have to pluck it. I can already see - with the ventilation in the kitchens - that I maybe won't be tarred, but definitely feathered by the end of the class.But all the work will certainly be worth it because the dishes we got to taste - among them the roast pheasant with bread sauce, fried crumbs, game chips and gravy that we are going to prepare tomorrow - were simple delicious:
After the pheasant we had some grouse which had a very intense game flavour which can be compared with liver - as an accompaniment there were some Brussels sprouts and chestnut with gravy:
Last but not least after all this feathered game we turned to furred game in form of venison. A most delicious cassarole with some curly kale and roots mash. Yum!
No comments:
Post a Comment