November 10, 2009

Kitchen 30 - Chicken Normande and Shortbread

Another day of chicken jointing and timing. It seems that slowly but surely we are being prepared for our exams in about 3 weeks. Thinking about that can be quite nerv-wrecking, so lets not do that.

I must say that I am indeed feeling like I am getting some routine in chicken jointing which however doesn't mean that there aren't any pitfalls for me. I am sure in an exam situation I might well do something wrong. But we didn't want to talk about that, did we?!!?

So chicken sauté Normande, meaning sauted chicken with caramelised apples and a creamy Calvados sauce. Yum. To be served with some al dente broccoli. That is actually more difficult to get right than jointing a chicken. At least that's what I find. But I managed to get the broccoli right and the chicken on the table! So here you go.

No comments:

Post a Comment