November 3, 2009

Kitchen 25 - Coffee éclairs and Tartare sauce

I have said it before but I will say it again: Safe yourself some cash and quit the gym because it's choux time. Maybe it is just my imagination but I feel like my arm muscles are actually getting stronger. Perhaps I should start taking pictures of my arm to compare them by the end of the course. Great before and after!

But lets come back to the essential - cooking!!! Right, so choux pastry. This time for some heavenly coffee éclairs. Some lovely piping again. For me that is actually the reward after whipping/stirring your arm off. Once they are baked and filled with cream, you just coat them with some lovely coffee icing and then you just have to eat some:



So light, so beautiful, they almost melt in your mouth.

While they were in the oven, we used the time to make some marvellous mayonnaise that we turned into a zingy tatare sauce with finely chopped shallots, gherkins and capers to be served with tomorrows Goujons. Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment