November 20, 2009

Kitchen 38 - Smoked mackerel paté with Melba toast, pecan blondies with coffee ice cream & cream Anglaise...

...and last but not least: Black sticky gingerbread!

I love smoked mackerel - it is so soft in texture and so great in flavour, I can easily just eat it on its own. But today we mixed it with some gherkins and capers and other ingredients to make a smoked mackerel paté with - an apparently very 70s thing - melba toast. So far I had only know a dessert called Coupe Melba. But you never stop learning. For all of you who like me didn't/don't know what Melba toast is here is a definition: a very dry, crisp, thinly sliced toast often served with soups and salads or topped with either melted cheese or pâté. And this is what my smoked macherel paté with Melba toast look like:

After that we served Pecan blondies with coffee ice cream and coffee crème Anglaise. However, because the ice cream was melting I had to call service so quickly that I forgot to take a picture. But just let me tell you, it was delicious. Especially the coffee ice cream - so simple to make, though.

And then black sticky gingerbread - hmmmmmmm, so delicious! I will be living of that for the next couple of days.

No comments:

Post a Comment