November 12, 2009

Kitchen 32 - Lamb Cutlets with Potatoes en papillto and so much more

Right, sharpen your knives - it's meat preparation time! These are the classes I especially love where you have all these different componants and you have to bring them all together to make a beautiful dish. What I don't like too much is the time pressure though.

So today we were really supposed to stick to our time plans. To first what we thought would be more time efficient. Since we were not only doing lamb cutlets with potatoes en papillote, spinach and tomato and mint salse, but also had to prepare caramel oranges, I started by SLOWLY melting the sugar for the caramel sauce.

Meanwhile I got the potatoes in their "bag", meaning some grease proof paper folded up so they would develop some great aromas in the oven from the garlic, rosemary and olive oil in the bag!

Then onto the cutlets. What looked so simple in the demonstration class yesterday was actually quite tough. Takes a while to get the bones really clean. Chop the herbs to coat the cutlets with.

Then concass some tomatoes, chiffonade the mint and finely diced the shallot for the salsa. Get the spinach washed and wilted and then everything fantastically arranged on a warmed plate. Remember off-centre height!

Well, I guess the spinach looks a bit left out and I could have pushed the cutlets together a bit more to get more height. But hey, I am quite pleased!

After that - oh by the way, I did finish the caramel sauce somewhere between potatoes and cutlets - it was the presentation of the jelly with the caramel oranges. So tadaaaaaaaa!

So I was quite happy with that day!

No comments:

Post a Comment