I also know quite a few people who choose to be vegetarians or even vegan. I am not sure if I could do that. I mean I guess I could stop eating meat but to be strict about it, checking the ingredients on packages to see if it really is all vegetarian, if I didn't have to... I don't know.
But today's demonstration class was about these topic and about religious food restrictions, deseases that might affect your diet and so on.
Apart from special diets we also briefly looked at healthy nutrition - like in the talk on Monday it was about carbohydrates, good and bad fats, sugar, etc. So the food cooked in the class was reflecting the topics - some was vegetarian like this pumpkin and letil strudel which was delicious (but could have been maybe even more so with a bit of feta in it)
Others were low on fat or sugar - and generally lower on seasoning. And what's always very healthy is fish:
However, after this light and healthy food came some heavy stuff: The run through of the mock exam we will have in a week's time from Monday. Three dishes soup, chicken and bread to be prepared and served within 2 1/2 hours. Sounds managable BUT then again it's under stress and pressure. Luckily that is another week away!
No comments:
Post a Comment