Well, already getting the pheasant out of the fridge, this whole bird, soft with feathers and everything was a weird experience. Then we had to pluck it. Apart from this being not an easy task because the feathers are really well attached, you had to be careful not to rip off the skin as well.
In addition, our bird (we were working on him in pairs) was pretty bruised and I know this wild game bird have a distinct smell. But our guy was a real stinker. By the time we had pretty much gotten all the feathers off, he wasn't very nice to look at anymore. And after I had cut his head off, I had very much had enough of him. Luckily my team partner volunteered to get his guts out. (Lets not get into more detail about this bloody business!) Once he was in the oven, the whole table of four got all the other accompaniments ready and finally we got the bird served:
I was very glad that day was over and didn't feel like eating any of it, except for a few veg. Really too bad because I had quite looked forward to it before.
No comments:
Post a Comment